Sunday, February 6, 2011

#28 Donate Blood 2/16/10

#10 Donate Blood 2/16/10



     Donating blood was an incredible experience. I would recommend it to everyone. To me it felt amazing knowing I was giving part of me to potentially save someone's life. You can't get that feeling from anything else. I was scared that it would hurt, but I didn't even feel the needle and was pain free. I was a little dizzy for a few days afterwards, but I didn't drink enough or eat before I went so be sure to do that. And you get to find out your blood type if you didn't know it before (I didn't). Note: I'm B positive :) Fits me well I say ;) 
Here are some facts about blood needs from the Red Cross:
-Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood

-More than 38,000 blood donations are needed everyday. 

-One out of every ten people admitted in a hospital need blood.

-Total blood transfusions given in a year: 14 million.

-The average red blood cell transfusion is 3 pints.

-A single car accident victim can require up to 100 pints of blood!

-Cancer patients sometimes need blood during chemotherapy.

-The number of transfusions is growing faster than donations.

-ONE DONATION CAN SAVE UP TO THREE LIVES!

     If you want inspiration, go donate blood. You will feel so wonderful just knowing you are helping people and saving lives. The need is extreme. Make a difference. You never know if someone you love (family, friends, etc) may need blood someday and hopefully they will get it because a stranger took an hour to go donate that blood. 
     I can't wait to donate blood next. I want to do so for the rest of my life! 
     If you want more information on donating blood visit this website.It will answer all of your questions and explain step by step every detail of the donation process. 
     There are many blood drives happening everyday in places all around the world held by the Red Cross. Visit this website to find a schedule on where to donate in your community :)

No comments:

Post a Comment