Saturday, April 14, 2012

Titanic-100 Year Anniversary

I adore this movie. It's seriously one of my favorites. I know it's overrated to most people but it will never get old to me. It inspires me. Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet are two of my favorite actors.  
Kate Winslet expressed my feelings about it completely: 
"One thing that's very important to me in life is, through having a relationship with somebody and loving that person and being allowed to feel the whole emotion of love despite all of the risks, you can find out who you are. And when Rose meets Jack she cuts through all the class and money nonsense and connects with something real and alive and passionate in his soul. And when I read the script I was in floods of tears, because it takes you to the point where you would do anything--absolutely anything--to stop that ship from sinking."
Things I learned from Titanic
-Jack Dawson taught me how to spit like a man.
-Life is a gift, make each day count.
-A woman's heart is an ocean full of secrets.
-I want a man like Jack Dawson.
-That Rose mirrors my feelings about my life, "It's the world around me and all the people in it and all the while I feel like I am standing in a crowded room, screaming at the top of my lungs and no one even looks up and the inertia of my life plunging ahead and me powerless to stop it."
-That your heart will go on.
-Nothing on earth can tear love apart or come between you.
-That I wish I lived in those days or that people continued some of the ways of those days (i.e,  the fashions--the dresses are absolutely stunning and breathtaking, the men dressed nicely in suits, and the shoes and jewelry are gorgeous, the manners and chivalry that Jack has, how polite everyone was, etc)

-Love > Money
-And so much more, but those are the main ones off the top of my head.
     One of the most amazing experiences was going to Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition in November 2010 in Las Vegas. It was incredible. I would recommend it to anyone who loves Titanic. Words don't do it justice. They have a replica of the deck and the grand staircase and the rooms of first and third class passengers. Walking through a replica of the hallway felt so real and it took my breath away. You get to touch an iceberg and get a ticket of an actual passenger and at the end you find out if your person lived or died. 
This is a picture of one of my bedroom walls. It's part of my Titanic collage. :)

This was my boarding pass from the exhibition. I got to take a picture on the grand staircase! That's me, but it's very blurry! All I'm missing is my Jack ;)
































































4 comments:

  1. I just recently saw this movie for the first time and I believe it is the most romantic movie of all time. The love and passion seems to be unreal but yet, some people have it. I have been lucky enough to have my "jack" but unfortunately I moved but he couldn't have been more perfect. This movie just breaks my heart and pulls my heart strings,
    "you jump, I jump remember?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had your "jack" and moved?
    To me this statement doesn't add up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfull love story & now this my most favorate hollywood love story movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie is my favorite of all time. I could watch it every single day. It just breaks my heart but inspires me. I want a love story that powerful. And I want to find my "Jack Dawson". I said the only thing missing from the picture was my "Jack" because I haven't found my version of "Jack Dawson" or someone to love so I was alone in the picture.
    Take care & With Love,
    Charley Brooke

    ReplyDelete