Saturday, February 5, 2011

Say It Like You Mean It

"People throw rocks at things that shine, and life makes love look hard."
-Taylor Swift


"Sometimes the things we can't change end up changing us."


"To be honest with you, I don't have the words to make you feel better, but I do have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about, and I have a heart: a heart that's aching to see you smile again."


"And you came away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you."
-Taylor Swift


"Maybe it's not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it's about starting over and creating something better."


"As with anything really worthwhile, the reward of eternal life requires effort."
-Thomas S. Monson


"Being humble... means recognizing that we are not here on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others."
-Gordon B. Hinckley


"I wonder why I can't stop thinking about you, and I don't even know you, at least not to my knowledge. Do you ever think about me?"
-Charley Brooke


"I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I was there. I count on my fingers in math class. I try to accomplish things with time still on the microwave. I wish for love every 11:11. I say it's a long story when it's really not. I may be imperfect, but I'm perfectly me."


"This coming year, I hope I create a story that I love. I hope I make something beautiful and take great risks. I hope I dare myself to do brave things. I hope I will have a conviction and see it through. I hope I fall in love--with art or a person or anything. I hope I have the courage to take the weak things and amplify them until my life overflows with only the good stuff. I hope I see the world and meet interesting people but above all, I hope I have an absolutely passionate love affair with life."


"I miss everything I've never had. I miss everyone I've never met. I miss doing things I've never done. I miss memories I've never taken part in. I miss the way things never were."


"Love doesn't require you to be perfect, but it does require you to forgive."
-Boy Meets World


"True love is rare, and it's the only thing that gives life real meaning."
-Nicholas Sparks


"Life is like the night sky. The beauty is in the little points of light, and I know that if we stay focused on the stars, rather than the voids, we will realize just how beautiful life can be."
-Sid Horrocks


"A real girl isn't perfect. A perfect girl isn't real. And yet love masks imperfections, making a perfect girl very real."


"So I don't wanna just be the next girl in your parade of girls, going on the same dates doing the exact same thing."
-Ronnie, The Last Song


"True charity is love in action. The need for charity is everywhere. Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down. It is resisting the impulse to become offended easily. It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings. It is accepting people as they truly are. It is looking beyond physical appearances to attributes that will not dim through time. It is resisting the impulse to categorize others."
-Thomas S. Monson


"Ordinary things become extraordinary when seen without prejudgment."


"I respect things that deserve my respect."
-House


"The world breaks us all. Afterward, some are stronger at the broken places."


"Take your time. Do things right. Love as much as you can, as often as you can. Radiate happiness, speak words of truth. Live with joy. Inspire others. Share ideas. Live in peace. Create your own art. Be who you want to be, not who someone else thinks you should be. Make others happy and give life all you've got, because if you just breathe a little, you'll see everything will be okay."


"Let me know. Do I still have time to grow? Things aint always set in stone. That being, now let me know. Let me know. Seems like street lights glowing. Happened to be just like moments passing in front of me. So I hopped in the cab and I paid my fare. See, I know my destination but I'm just not there. Life's just not fair."
-Street Lights, Kayne West


"God doesn't owe us a sign, but he uses circumstances in our life to get our attention."


"Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end."


"I'm not single and I'm not taken. I'm simply on reserve for the one who deserves my heart cause they say good things take time."


"I know I'm good for something I just haven't found it yet."
-Mayday Parade


"It has long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."
-Leonardo Da Vinci


"When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way."


"When life knocks you down on your knees remember you are in the perfect position to pray."


"Hope never abandons you, you abandon it."
-George Weinberg


"A quality life is God's greatest wish for us. Life is to be lived well in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. There should not be a waiting period."
-Marvin J. Ashton


"Man has two creators, his God and himself. The first creator furnishes him the raw materials of his life--the laws and conformity with which he can make that life what he will. The second creator--himself--has powers he rarely realizes. It is what a man makes of himself that counts."
-William George Jordan


"Striving can be more important that arriving."
-Marvin J. Ashton



"Hiding from reality won't make your dreams come true."
-Charley Brooke


"True love is not so much a matter of romance, as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one's companion."
-Gordon B. Hinckley



"I'm going to marry a man so he can kill spiders for me for always and eternity."
-Charley Brooke


"I'm not searching for love. I believe it will find me when it's meant to be."
-Charley Brooke


"I'm going to be an adult soon. However, for now, I'm only a kid and for now I'll stay in denial that I'm going to grow up, that love and magic really exist and aren't just in fairytales, that my Prince Charming really is out there, that the world is good and safe, that I'll be young forever, that people don't change and BFF means something, that a pinky swear is a promise, that I can still order off the kids menu, that the only thing that dies is flowers, that dreams can be reality, that happily ever after is achievable, and that this is all true."
-Charley Brooke


"I think everyone in your life is there for a reason, whether it be big or small. Sometimes the reasons are obvious why they are there, and others you never figure out. Sometimes people change your life and others don't."
-Charley Brooke


"Too many people sit around waiting for their dreams to come true instead of going out there and making them happen."
-Cinderella


"Everyday in your life is important and meaningful, not a day goes by that doesn't have a story."
-Charley Brooke


"Yes, sooner or later we must all grow up. No one knows this better than the young."
-Mary Alice, Desperate Housewives


"I love you... such a simple sentence. I wonder how it can be so tender, yet so wounding. It has stabbed my heart once, and the scar reminds me of these words, but still my heart screams it whenever you are there. Warmth, beats my heart, all the instruments in the symphony of love. . . every time I see you."
-Samuel Joseph Garner


"As for me, to love you alone, to make you happy, to do nothing which would contradict your wishes, this is my destiny and the meaning of my life."


"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible--it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could."
-Barbara De Angelis


"There is nothing more deceitful than a smile because anyone can hide behind them."
-Mary Alice


"Silence is a virtue, especially at dinner time from telemarketers."
-Chinese Fortune


"I wish every night while I stand on my new apartment balcony looking for shooting stars that my "Romeo/Prince Charming" would suddenly come up and start reading poetry or throw pebbles at my window... haha wishful thinking. Imma dork."
-Charley Brooke





No comments:

Post a Comment