Saturday, February 12, 2011

Letters




Getting letters in the mail absolutely make my day. I rush to my mailbox each day to see if I have any letters. It's exciting. Nowadays everyone just e-mails and texts, but I prefer letters. People call them 'snail mail' and post offices are closing down everywhere. Yes, they are snail mail, but who says that's a bad thing? Anticipation is invigorating. Waiting is worth it and good things come to those who wait. I think letters are worth the wait. They are personal and take time. You handwrite them and have to actually think about each word that flows from your pen or pencil to the paper. I write some of my great friends who are serving missions and it brightens my life. Getting a letter is like an instant ray of sunshine brightening every aspect of your day. I could be having the worst day and get a letter that would change it instantly. I know that my friends feel the same joy and happiness from my letters because they tell me so. 
As everyone knows, Valentines Day is on Monday. Even if you are single, I challenge everyone to write a loved one, friend, yourself, or anyone who has touched your life, a letter. It doesn't have to be long or perfect, just write what you feel and send some instant sunshine to that person. Letters are too underrated, but amazing. Words touch lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment