Sunday, July 31, 2011

Team Jacob [Gann]







I am Team Jacob... Jacob Gann
This boy beats Jacob or Edward hands down. 
Do yourself a favor and listen to his music. It is magic. He is one of the most talented musicians I've ever had the pleasure of listening and talking to. Not only does he write his own lyrics and sings, but he also plays every instrument you hear in his songs. It's only a matter of time before he gets big and is playing sold out shows all over the world. He is that amazing.
You know that moment when you listen to a song and it just overwhelms you in every single way possible... that moment when you find music you have to listen to on repeat for days, weeks, months, forever on end and have it engraved in your mind, ears, and heart but still can't get enough of it? That moment when you find a song that puts your feelings in words in a way you never thought possible? 
Lovelies, meet Jacob Gann. In his own words:
"You are somebody before people know about you, after they know about you, and when they forget about you. You are always somebody" Jacob Gann (born March 28, 1992) is a singer/songwriter from Tulsa, Oklahoma now based in Nashville, Tennessee. His style has influences from Augustana, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Damien Rice, Andrew Belle, and Greg Laswell. Buy his debut acoustic EP here :http://tinyurl.com/jacobgann


Some of Jacob's lyrics that are my favorite include:
"If you're tired of this endless game of masquerades, you're not the only one."

"Because in the end when the sun sets and all the stars fade, whose heart have you kept to be the light of your shade?"

"I don't know why I am the way I am, but I swear if you'd just try I'd never say goodbye."

"Peace of mind is found in the past. For no reason or rhyme we grew up way too fast."

"We imagine love to be so much more than anyone can ever be. When all that I wanted was for you to want to be next to me."

"L.O.V.E. is Letting One View Everything inspite of (F.E.A.R.) Feelings Emphasized Around Regrets."

"There's nothing to lose, when you're living in yesterday."

Jacob inspires me with his creativity. He is such a sweetheart. If you could fall in love with a person through their words, I would be head over heels. He keeps in touch with his fans via Facebook and Twitter. I asked him what inspires his stunning music. He said, "The inspiration behind my music is from personal experience as well as the world's different perspectives of what love is." 
His voice is the soundtrack to my summer. I wish I had an extensive vocabulary to even begin to attempt to put in words how incredible Jacob and his music are... my words could never do him justice. Finding him was one of the best things to happen to me this summer. He is that good. Go see for yourself and you'll soon become Team Jacob Gann!










2 comments:

  1. You are right on the money with this. In the few personal conversations about relationships things, he is a very good resource and some one to go to if you need help with something along those lines. I trust Jacob with stuff, even though i haven't even meet him. He is someone you can put blind trust into and have it not falter once bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. He most definitely is. I love how much he adores his fans. He treats them like friends. This boy is going places! I wish that I could go up to everyone in the world and share his incredible music with them. He is so genuine and talented.

    ReplyDelete