Monday, June 27, 2011

Do You Know [No]


“Boys ,if you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her, don’t let her go.”
-Nicholas Sparks

“All that I know is that I don’t know how to be something you miss.”
-Taylor Swift

“At any given moment you have the power to say this is not how the story is going to end.”

“I’m moving on. No more waiting. No more hurt. If you wanted me, you could’ve had me, but you didn’t. You blew your chances. Now I hope you’re happy living your life wondering what would have happened if you took a chance with me cause I’m not longer here. I’m no longer waiting.”

“I think that you find your own way. You have your own rules. You have your own understanding of yourself and that’s what you’re going to count on. In the end, it’s what feels right to you. Not what your mother told you. Not what some actress told you. Not what anybody else told you but the still, small voice.”
-Meryl Streep

“No one can tell you what love is. They can only make you feel it.”

“Never be someone’s something when you could be someone’s everything.”

“So little of what could happen does happen.”
-Salvador Dali

“You spend 99 percent of your life looking for 
the other 1 percent. But it’s worth it.”


“If you believe in fate, fight for it.”
-The Adjustment Bureau

“We have nothing, if not belief.”
-C.S. Lewis

“Why do people have to be this lonely? What’s the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?”
-Haruki Murakami

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
-Oscar Wilde

“So many things become beautiful when you really look.”
-Lauren Oliver

“Today is never too late to be brand new.”
-Taylor Swift

“Seven days without love makes one weak.”




The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but
shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but
have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller
families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less
sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems,
more medicine, but less wellness.
 We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little,
drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too
little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
 We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too
much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a
living, but not a life. We’ve added years to life not life to years. We’ve
been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street
to meet a new neighbour. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We’ve
done larger things, but not better things. We’ve cleaned up the air, but
polluted the soul. We’ve conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write
more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We’ve learned to
rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to
produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
 These are the times of fast foods, and slow digestion, big men and small
character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of
two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are
days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night
stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to
quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and
nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to
you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just
hit delete.
 Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going
to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to
you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your
side. Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is
the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn’t cost a cent.
 Remember, to say, “I love you” to your partner and your loved ones, but
most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from
deep inside of you. Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for
someday that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to
speak, and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.
 Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

“Never love anybody who treats you like you’re ordinary.”
-Oscar Wilde


"Everyone, at some point in their lives, wakes up in the middle of the night with the feeling that they are all alone in the world, and that nobody loves them now and that nobody will ever love them, and that they will never have a decent night’s sleep again and will spend their lives wandering blearily around a loveless landscape, hoping desperately that their circumstances will improve, but suspecting, in their heart of hearts, that they will remain unloved forever. The best thing to do in these circumstances is to wake somebody else up, so that they can feel this way, too."

-Lemony Snicket

To My Future Husband:
I have spent so much time wasted on guys that turn out not to be you. Sometimes I’m afraid I’m either too picky, or something is wrong with me because I haven’t found you yet. But I know God will put you in my life right when I need you. And when that happens, I’ll be glad I was pickybecause I’ll have you. You’ll finally be the one who just gets me, and I’ll do the same for you. I get so impatient, but I can wait. For you, darling, it will be worth it.

To My Future Husband
I have a little secret. I rarely share it with anyonenot even my closest companions. But here it is:
I am insanely excited for our future. It absolutely astounds me to think you look at the same moon as I do. It amazes me that you could be anywhere in this world, one in six billion and a half souls.
Time and distance cannot restrain the arms of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment