Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Delirium & Before I Fall


I can sense a new book addiction coming
I am excited to read “Before I Fall” and “Delirium” by Lauren Oliver! I just learned about these books and if the following quotes are any indication of how the books are, I’ve found amazing reading. I discovered the movie rights have just been sold for “Delirium”. I Can’t wait to start reading both books! I will be sure to let everyone know how they are. I am obsessed with reading so I’d love your recommendations for new books to add to the list! Thanks lovelies and I hope you love these quotes, I sure do!

"Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it. 
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know."
 
 Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall)

"I guess that's what saying good-bye is always like--like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go." 
 Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall)

"Love: It will kill you and save you, both" 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes"." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"It´s so strange how life works: You want something and you wait and wait and feel like it´s taking forever to come. Then it happens and it´s over and all you want to do is curl back up in that moment before things changed." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"I'd rather die my way than live yours." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"And now I know why they invented words for love, why they had to: It's the only thing that can come close to describing what I feel in that moment, the baffling mixture of pain and pleasure and fear and joy, all running sharply through me at once." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the wrold falls away on either side." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"I guess that’s just part of loving people: You 
have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up."
 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"How is it possible, I think, to change so much and not be able to change anything at all?" 
 Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall)

"Sometimes I'm afraid to go to sleep because of what I'm leaving behind." 
 Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall)

"The most dangerous sicknesses are those that make us believe we are well 
- Proverb 42, The Book of Shhh" 

 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"I know that the whole pointthe only pointis to 
find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and fight for them, and refuse to 
let them go." 

 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"That's the way I feel, at least: like there's a real me and a reflection of me, and I have no way of telling which is which." 
 Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall)

"Hearts are fragile things. That's why you have to be so careful." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"I shiver, thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people-to see one tiny part of them and confuse it for the whole, to see the cause and think it's the effect or vice versa" 
 Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall)

"The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and 
when you don’t."
 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"He who leaps for the sky may fall, it's true. But he may also fly." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"Everything looks beautiful. The Book of Shhh says that deliria alters your perception, disables your ability to reason clearly, impairs you from making sound judgments. But it does not tell you this: that love will turn the whole world into something greater than itself." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"Sometimes I feel like if you just watch things, just sit still and let the world exist in front of you-sometimes I swear that just for a second time freezes and the world pauses in its tilt. Just for a second. And if you somehow found a way to live in that second, then you would live forever." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"It's like a razor blade edging its way through my organs, shredding me, all i can think is: It will kill me, it will kill me, it will kill me. And I don't care." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"I know that life isn't life if you just float through it. I know that the whole point- the only point- is to find the things that matter and hold onto them and fight for them and refuse to let them go." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"Now I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie." 
 Lauren Oliver (Delirium)

"Happiness is found when no one is looking" 
 Lauren Oliver

"I vowed after that day that I would be your hero too, no matter how long it took.- p. 340" 
 Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall)

1 comment: