Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy 25th Birthday to Shia LaBeouf & 25th Anniversary to Ferris Bueller

Happy 25th Birthday to one of my favorite actors aka Shia LaBeouf!
He retweeted my happy birthday tweet to him on Twitter which made my night! Here is a picture of it but you can also see it on Twitter... www.twitter.com/theusaprincess 
I love Shia! I knew he was talented ever since I first saw him in Even Stevens. His ability to perform as an actor in a wide variety of genres from comedy to drama to thriller to romance is incredible. And he just keeps getting better with age! From Louis to Stanley (Caveman) to Kale to Sam to all the other roles he's starred in, I've just been entranced by his talent, and then there's the fact that he's devastatingly handsome and gorgeous. I wish the absolute best in the future for Shia and am looking forward to his movies in the future and know his star will keep shining brighter! I love his drive and how humble and down to  earth he is about it all as reflected in the following quote,
"I know I'm one of the luckiest dudes in America right now. I have a great house. My parents don't have to work. I've got money. I'm famous. But it could all change. It could go away. You never know."
As one of his millions of fans, I don't think it will go away anytime soon, and I don't believe it's just luck. I truly think Shia is talented and I know millions would agree with me! I also know Shia loves and appreciates his fans. We love you Shia! Oh and FYI my favorite movie of Shia's is Disturbia








Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a classic. A high school wise guy is determined to have a day off from school, despite of what the principal thinks of that. Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller, Alan Ruck as Cameron Frye, Mia Sara as Sloane Peterson, Jeffrey Jones as Principal Ed Rooney, and Jennifer Grey as Jeannie Bueller make for the perfect cast. They all are spectacular! I could never get tired of watching it. This movie is the epitome of high schooldom. You know we all wanted to be like/or have a friend like Ferris. Although, I think I outdid Ferris Bueller my senior year of high school when it comes to the number of days I missed. However those days were all due to medical reasons, and unfortunately none were as amazing as Ferris' day off. I love this movie and all the actors/actresses in it. If you haven't seen it, drop everything and go watch it now! It will make you laugh and smile and want to take a day off and spend it Ferris style. 
Ferris Quotes (The movie is full of amazing ones)
"I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it."
-Cameron

"He's gonna marry me."
-Sloane

"In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the...Anyone? Anyone? ...the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?...raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics."
-Economics Teacher

"Ferris Bueller, you're my hero."
-Cameron

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
-Ferris

"There is an intruder in my house-male, Caucasian, possibly armed, certainly weird-in my kitchen... M-my-my-my name is Bueller...[pause] Look, it's real nice that you hope my brother is feeling better, but I'm in danger, okay? I am very cute, very alone and very protective of my body. I don't want it violated or killed, all right? I need help!"
-Jeannie

"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, 'I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.' Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."
-Ferris

"The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom; I'm a big believer in it. A lot of people will tell you that a good phony fever is a dead lock, but uh... you got a nervous mother, you could wind up in a doctor's office. That's worse than school. You fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school."
-Ferris

Cameron: "The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion."
Ferris: "It is his fault he didn't lock the garage."









No comments:

Post a Comment