Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All About C (Me)


I cannot sleep to save my life so I'm filling out this Q & A! Here's more about me & my life. 

1. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? 
     Changing the world for the better, inspiring and improving the lives of others, hopefully in med school, truly, unbelievably, wildly happy, accomplishing items from my list of things to do before I die like crazy, making each moment count, living life to the fullest and constantly improving.

2. 5 years ago, where did you see yourself now?
    Definitely not where I am today. In fact, anywhere but here. I saw myself married to my prince living this fairytale life and I am nowhere near that. And not living in the same city I still live in.

3. What were you like as a child? Quiet, Outgoing, Bratty?
    I was a brat and outgoing. I thought I was this princess. I acted like Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold! Too when it came to this one boy I had a major crush on. I didn’t work well needless to say. Yeah I was very full of myself living in a picture perfect TV sitcom Leave it To Beaver life. My family was the family everyone wanted to be like however behind closed doors it was falling apart and not at all idealistic. Of course, I was a kid so I had no idea. At age 12 when my parents divorced I was no longer a kid. My childhood ended and I had to grow up very fast and it changed me for the better. I am humble and sweet now.

4. What song will they play at your funeral?
    Haha one summer night when Sanjaya was on American Idol my best friend/older sister Brie and I were up way too late and having a silly conversation and I said I wanted my funeral to not be depressing so I wanted Sanjaya to sing at my funeral. I don’t really want him too. But I honestly have no idea what song they will play. I’m not psychic and I generally don’t sit around and think about my funeral.

5. One thing you could not live without?
    My family and friends. They aren’t things they are people but people are what matter. You can’t take your things with you when you die but you can take your love.

6. When do you tell a lie?
   It’s a difficult balance. I have to decide how much to share and how much to keep, which truths will wound but not ruin and which will cut too deep to heal.

7. Are you irritated by something you should care less about?
   Quite frequently. I honestly believe though that you must care about the things that irritate you or they wouldn’t irritate you but sometimes it’s hard to admit you care.

8. What is your favorite childhood memory?
   I can’t choose just one. Until my parents’ divorce I had THE BEST childhood ever. It was all incredible and magic full of make believe that felt like reality and hope and near perfection.

9. Best present you ever received?
   I love letters. They are the best present to me. When someone writes you a heartfelt letter spilling their feelings for you. Nothing really beats that.

10. Favorite way to chill out?
   With friends everything is fun. I also like to listen to music, write, and read.

11. What is your most admirable quality?
    I don't know. What do you think? I guess it’s my ability to see the good in everyone and stay positive in the hardest and most difficult situations. My life is complicated and I’ve been through hell, but I’ve made it a stronger person and this blog and inspiring others is what I love.


12. What is your greatest achievement?
    I’ll let you know when I achieve it.

13. What do you consider the most beautiful thing in the world?
    Love. True love. It’s rare but it’s beautiful. That kind of love is never ugly.

14. What is your favorite kind of cheese?
    Cheddar.

15. What is your favorite color to paint your finger nails?
   Hot pink. Bright colors.

16. What country feels like home to you and why?
    Home is where your heart is. Where you belong. With your family. That is home.

17. Why is it so dang hard to walk in high heels?
    I don’t find it challenging, they just hurt your feet after a while, but “they” say beauty is pain. They would be ever more amazing if they didn’t hurt.

18. What is your favorite language?
    English it’s the only one I know.

19. What will you never wear?
    Hmm something too revealing.

20. What's your favorite song ever?
    It changes depending on what's going on in my life. I can’t choose just one.

21. Of all the places in the world you have visited, which is your favorite?
    Oregon. The Oregon Coast hands down.

22. Are you a good loser?
    Yes and no. No one likes to lose but I get over it quickly and don’t make a big deal over it.

23. Are you a happy person?
    I try to be :)

24. How do you handle change?
    Faith and hope. Change is never ending. Everything changes. You just have to learn to adapt and move forward. Sometimes change can be good. It can be everything. Other times it’s the worst. But you have to always remember life can change in an instant. You just have to be patient and endure.

25. How would you describe yourself?
    Loving. Caring. Impatient.

26. How do you handle criticism?
    Hm... usually pretty well. If it's constructive. Otherwise, please keep your personal opinions to yourself. I don’t like negativity.

27. Do you think you are unique? What makes you unique?
    Yes. Why? Because I don't do conforming. Why would you want to be just like everyone else? I am me. I am unique.

28. Are you a risk taker?
    YES! I jumped 12,000 feet out of an airplane. I am not afraid of taking chances. I’d rather be walking towards someone/something than walking away. You have to take chances in life and be fearless to truly live.

29. Competitive? or Impassive?
     Depends on who I am with. If you are close to me and we are playing games I am way competitive. Otherwise, there is a land called Passive-Aggressiva and I am their queen.

30. What is your greatest weakness?
     Overthinking everything. Also falling too hard and fast for boys and getting hurt every time. I’ve learned my lessons though. My heart has been bruised, scratched, torn, and stepped on but it’s still beating and I refuse to let it be misused like that ever again. I’ve changed and grown up and am not so trusting and I don’t let myself fall for guys anymore until they prove themselves worthy of my heart.

31. What is your favorite color?
     Haha I sound like a typical girl, but pink!

32. What is your favorite drink?
     Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke it’s basically my blood type.

33. What is the last book that you read?
    Beastly. I just finished it tonight. It was amazing and sad because it’s an incredible fairytale but they don’t happen in real life so it just raises you up and brings you back down to read stuff like that, but what can I say I am a hopeless romantic and love fairytales and love stories. But it has a good message behind it.

34. Is there anything you regret?
     Of course. You make mistakes. The thing is to learn from them.

35. What was the last movie you went to see?
     Arthur.

36. If you were a super hero, what powers would you have?
     Invisibility. Oh wait I already am to some people. Yeah it’s still the superpower I would choose. Wait it says powers as in plural so also mindreading. That way maybe I could finally understand guys and how they think and write a book to clue all the girls of the world in on the mystery.

37. If you only had 6 months to live, what would you do?
     Accomplish everything on my list of 100 things to do before I die.

38. What kind of car do you dream of having?
    A pink beetle :)

39. What kind of people do you dislike?
    Conceited, judgmental, stuck up, cocky, thing-they-are-better-than-everyone-else type. The type who are beautiful on the outside but ugly and substanceless on the inside.

40. What makes you angry?
    See above. Also bullying.

41. How many close friends do you have?
    A few who I love dearly.

42. On a scale of 1 - 10, how happy are you?
    5. Not happy not sad. Nothing really at the moment.

43. What is your favorite color of umbrella?
    Black.

44. Dogs, or Cats?
   Both.

45. One of your worst habits?
   Being too nice.

46. Who is your favorite author?
   I can’t choose just one.

47. What is your favorite T.V show?
   Grey’s Anatomy.

48. Single or Taken?
   Single.

49. Tom, or Jerry?
   Hey Arnold.

50. What video games do you play?
   None. I’ve played Halo Reach with my little brother once and was so terrible he wanted to film me playing it on YouTube so Halo-gamers could make fun of me

51. What would you do if you won the lottery?
   Help others and accomplish my list.

52. What would you like to ask from god?
  The reasons behind the everything happens for a reason motto in my life.

53. How would your react if you were turned into a goldfish?
  That’s a random question. I wouldn’t like it.

54. Are you superstitious?
  Not really.

55. If you could be a random object, what would you be?
  None.

56. What is your favorite clothing store?
  Forever 21.

57. Hot, or cold?
   Cold! Cold weather means cuddling and fireplaces.

58. What do you look for in a partner?
   Read my blog. There’s many.

59. Three most things that attract you in the opposite sex?
   Trustworthy. Personality. Beliefs.

60. Coke, or pepsi?
   Diet Mt. Dew.

61. What is your favorite food?
   Pizza.

62. What is the funniest thing you have ever seen or heard?
   I can’t choose just one. The one that just popped in my head was one of my mom’s boyfriends in the past who we lived with he was a jerk and I didn’t like him. Well one of the toilets was clogged and he came home drunk and went to plunge it and came back into the kitchen where I was with my mom and said he was pissed off and he had pee and toilet water all over his pants hahaha so I said “No you aren’t pissed off you are pissed on.” Okay telling that story doesn’t sound as funny as it was. It was hilarious.

63. What is your favorite quote?
   I have many I love love love quotes. I adore “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of holding on and letting go.”

64. And you are answering these questions why?
   Insomnia. I can’t sleep!

65. What are you currently wearing?
  ISU sweats & PINK (Victoria’s Secret) T-shirt.

66. Where do you work?
   ISU.

67. What car do you drive?
   Cavalier.

68. What is your phone company?
   TMobile.

69. Where do you want to live?
   Oregon or Washington.

70. What do you want to do as a profession?
    Honestly my dream professions are actress, author, model, superhero, and/or princess but if not a radiation oncologist.

71. If you fail?
   I’ll never give up and keep trying.

72. What was the last thing you ate?
   Some trail mix.

73. Do you want to get married?
   Yes.

74. How many kids do you want to have?
    None. I have no desire to have children but that could change someday maybe.

75. What is your favorite gum?
    Orbit Sweet Mint.

76. What is your favorite candy?
    Gummi worms and white reeses.

77. What is your favorite type of popcorn?
    Movie theater.

78. What is your perfect vision of an ideal date?
    One with a boy I really like. You have to like the person and if you have a connection it’s going to be ideal no matter what. I love just cuddling and watching movies.

79. Are you happy with the person you are?
    No. I want to keep being better and that’s my goal to be better every single day.

80. What is your middle name?
    Brooke.

81. Sun or moon?
    Sun. Nothing beats a sunset. I also love the stars.

82. Winter or Summer?
    Winter.

83. Autumn or Spring?
    Fall. Fall is my favorite season.

84. When is your birthday?
    October 14, 1989.

85. What year did will you, or did you graduate?
     2008 for high school that makes me fell old. College 2014 with my Bachelors and then forever after med school.

86. Pet peeve?
     Clutter and messes.

87. What do you do when you are severely frustrated?
    Blast my favorite music and write.

88. What is your comfort food?
   Diet Pepsi and ice cream.

89. Would you say high school is a good experience, or bad experience?
   Great. I miss it.

90. Favorite eye color?
    I don’t have a favorite.

91. Stupidest thing you have ever said?
   Oh my I’ve said multiple stupid things.

92. Your favorite word?
    Yes? Haha.

93. What your name means on Urbandictionary.com?
   “Beautiful eyes that would make a Latisse model envious, beautiful smile when they decide you’re worthy of seeing it, smart, ambitious, deep thinker, difficult to get to know but once you do you can never forget them, if you hurt them you’ll end up hurting yourselfmore worsethey’ll get over ityou won’t. Loyal, kindhearted, honest, hardworking, positive, strong willed, and determined.” Haha wow that’s pretty good.

94. Rawr!
    It kind of creeps me out when people say that.

95. Funny or sarcastic?
   Both depending upon the situation.

96. When life gives you lemons...
   Make pink lemonade.

97. What do you do about socks?
   I never wear them unless I go bowling (which is rare). I wear heels and ballet flats all the time.

98. Worst relationship?
   Romantically, family, friend? You have to be more specific.

99. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
   Bubble gum.

100. Caffeine?
   Doesn’t really affect me.

101. Who do you admire most?
    People who make something out of nothing, who don’t let their circumstances determine their future. Who stay positive in spite of hardships.

102. Are you self obsessed?
    No.

103. If you were a t-shirt, what color would you be?
    Dunno.

104. What is your favorite band?
   I have many I really love Snow Patrol, Paramore, Boyce Avenue, Cary Brothers,  and I like many solo artists Joshua Radin, Anna Nalick, Ingrid Michaelson, and the list goes on and on

105. How many schools have you attended?
     Six.

106. Do you dye your hair?
    Yep.

107. Gold, or silver?
    Silver.

108. How many people are in your family?
    It’s always changing currently in my immediate families my parents, two step parents, eight step siblings, and three biological siblings.

109. Favorite sport?
    Gymnastics.

110. Where do you think the world will be in 10 years?
    I am not even going to try and guess because I will be wrong.

111. Are these questions boring you yet?
    I was already bored.

112. Would you say you are a facebook addict?
   Definitely.

113. What is the color of your room?
    Tan.

114. What is your dream house?
    A Victorian mansion or planation style mansion like the Notebook.

115. Do you like the snow?
    Not so much. Especially not driving in it.

116. Your latest obsession?
    House. Reading I’ve always loved reading but more than usual these days, and writing.

117. What is your favorite holiday?
    Christmas and my birthday.

118. Something you cannot sleep without?
    A blanket! I feel so vulnerable without one!

119. Most embarrassing experience?
    There are an unlimited number. I have them on a daily basis.

120. Most used technology?
    Computer.

121. How many people does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    One.

122. The chicken crossed the road because?
    ?

123. Near death experience?
   I started bleeding internally after surgery last summer and had to be rushed back to surgery so that was the most memorable also many narrowly avoided car wrecks.

124. Favorite accessory?
   Earrings.

125. Something you want to do for fun?
   Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment