Monday, May 2, 2011

A Walk To Remember
































"Without suffering there'd be no compassion."
-Jamie Sullivan

"Find out who you are and do it on purpose."

"There's more to attraction than meets the eye."

"Ambition=to witness a miracle."

"You're my angel."
-Jamie (to Landon)

Landon- "I might kiss you."
Jamie- "I might be bad at it."
Landon- "That's not possible."

"You have to promise you won't fall in love with me."
-Jamie

Landon- "What are you doing here?"
Jamie- "I could ask you the same question."
Landon- "Do you normally walk alone in cemeteries at night?"
Jamie- "Maybe."

"Jamie has faith in me. She makes me want to be different, better."
-Landon

"All I know is... you're beautiful."
-Landon 

Jamie- "How can you see places like this... and have moments like this and not believe?"
Landon- "You're lucky to be so sure."
Jamie- "It's like the wind... I can't see it, but I sure can feel it."

"Our love is like the wind... I can't see it, but I sure can feel it."
-Landon

Landon- "I'm sorry she didn't get her miracle."
Reverend Sullivan- "She did. It was you."

Jamie- "So would it kill you to try?"
Landon- "Yup, and I'm too young to die."

Landon- "Jamie, I'm trying here, okay? Maybe... maybe I miss spending time with you. Maybe you inspire me."
Jamie- "Sounds like bull."
Landon- "Which part?"
Jamie- "All of it."
Landon- "Well it's not!"
Jamie- "Prove it."

Jamie- "You don't know the first thing about being someone's friend."
Landon- "I don't want to just be your friend."
Jamie- "You don't know what you want."
Landon- "Neither do you. Maybe you're just too scared that someone might actually want to be with you."
Jamie- "And why would that scare me?"
Landon- "Because then you wouldn't be able to hide behind your books, or your frickin' telescope, or your faith. No, no, you know the real reason why you're scared? It's cause you wanna be with me too."

Landon- "Can you find this star, right here?"
Jamie- "Sure. So why am I looking for this star?"
Landon- "Because I had it named for you. See? It's official. It's from the International Star Registry."
Jamie- "This is wonderful... I love you."

"What is a friend? It's a single soul dwelling in two bodies."
-Aristotle

"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful."

Landon- "Jamie... I love you."
[long pause]
Landon- "Now would be the time to say something."
Jamie- "I told you not to fall in love with me."

"Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it."
-Landon

"Take a risk. Dare to move. Love is a leap of faith."

Landon- "Do you love me."
[She nods]
Landon- "Will you do anything for me, then?"
Jamie- [smiles] "Anything."
Landon- "Will you marry me?"
[Jamie smiles and kisses him]

"I do not need a reason to be angry with God."
-Jamie

Jamie [after she and Landon keep switching the radio station] "Forty-two."
Landon- "Forty-two? What do you-what do you mean forty-two?"
Jamie- "Forty-two is befriend somebody I don't like. It's a to-do list I have."
Landon- "What, like getting a new personality?"
Jamie- "Spend a year in the Peace Corps, make a medical discovery..."
Landon- "That's ambitious."
Jamie- "...Be in two places at once, get a tattoo."
Landon- "What's number one?"
Jamie- "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

Landon- "So, what's your number one?"
Jamie- "To marry in the church my mother grew up. It's where my parents were married."

"I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn't. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be."
-Nicholas Sparks

"It's like you were sent to me to help me get through all of this."
-Jamie


I love this movie more than words can express for countless reasons--it's inspiring, and lovely, and unbelievably touching, and is an example of the love I hope will find me someday.
The soundtrack and music played in the movie is incredibly amazing.
Landon Carter (Shane West) is unbelievably gorgeous.
I aspire to be more like Jamie... to have such unwavering faith in others, to believe in myself and not care about what others think of me, and to be so sweet and inspiring.
My ambition is to witness a miracle too.
I love all of Nicholas Sparks' movies and books.
If I could have anything right now, it would be for Nicholas Sparks to come and write me a love story because he's amazing at it and created Landon Carter, Noah Calhoun, John Tyree, and Will Blakelee and what girl wouldn't want one of them?! 
I would marry Landon Carter in a heartbeat if he existed, and I think I speak for most girls when I say this.
Boys could take note and become better by following Landon's example: being truly interested and engaged in helping Jamie accomplish things from her list, doing anything to make her happy, loving her (sincerely, genuinely, unconditionally loving) and therefore respecting her and all she stands for, it's not just about her looks, it's about who she is and her beauty inside and out, and wanting to become a better person for her. And I adore how Landon makes a list of his own too, to better himself and set goals, and it's incredibly cute and charming. I've never met a guy with a list of things to do before he dies.
I cannot watch this movie without crying even though I've seen it a million and five times because 
A) It's cute & sad. (Obviously).
B) It gives me unrealistic expectations (As in I want to find my Landon Carter but he doesn't exist).
I love the look Landon gives Jamie when she gets her hair and makeup done. It’s not a “You look so hot, let’s bang” kind of look, it’s more like “Wow, Im speechless.” That love that they have, makes me cry. It's touching for so many reasons, and I just love Nicholas Sparks.

I just had to make a post about this movie because it was on multiple times on multiple channels this weekend and I watched it, even though I own it.
If you haven't seen it (although I am not sure who hasn't) go watch it now. You will not regret it. It will change your life.
This movie inspired my list of 100 things to do before I die. I have it posted on this blog. It's part of my Project Wish. Project Wish is that everybody should make a list of 100 things to do before they die to keep them inspired, make life meaningful, and have something to live for and work towards when times get tough. I highly recommend adding things to help others, not just yourself. Because nothing compares to the feeling of inspiring, helping, and changing the lives of others. It's one of the greatest feelings ever. And I honestly believe it starts a chain reaction, like Pay It Forward. It comes back to you. I think you find yourself in helping others. So watch this movie, make a list, be inspired, and inspire others :)



2 comments: