Monday, March 28, 2011

The Romance Novel Lady



















I came to a wonderful conclusion today. I can be single and amazingly, extraordinarily, over-the-moon, mind blowingly, to-infinity-and-beyond, head-over-heels, super happy. I flashed back to when I was sixteen and this super cute young Denzel Washington-look alike in his twenties who I worked with told me I was going to grow up and be the romance novel lady. I laughed and asked him what he meant. He said I was a cutie, and I'd grow up into this gorgeous, beautiful woman. He said I'd be the romance novel lady. She's stunning, smart, independent, brave, single, and classy. I'd be doing my own thing and mysterious, and one fine rainy day out of nowhere, the man of my dreams would walk into my life and give me my love story. He said we'd fall in love, and I'd get my happily ever after. He claimed I was amazing, so the guy that would have me would be lucky and so he had to be the best to deserve me! Well he was right!
I don't need a relationship or man to complete my life or bring me happiness. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure love, true love, is everything and bliss and sunshine-on-a-cloudy-day, but  until I find it, or even if I don't, I will not be miserable. The movies, TV, society, books, songs, and together people are the ones who make the alone people feel empty, like they're missing something, inadequate, and not truly happy.
Well I'm rising above that, proving it wrong. I'm young, only 21, working on becoming a doctor, going to college full time, working, accomplishing goals, and making my life worth remembering, making each day count. I'm alive and blessed beyond comprehension. I am going to be happy, I choose happiness. I choose living life to the fullest. And I'm not settling for less than what I want. I deserve a wonderful guy, because I'm a catch. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I'm far from it actually, but no one is perfect.
I deserve Jack Dawson... and if it's meant to be, my Jack Dawson will find me. He will give me that look like Jack gives Rose when he first sees her, like she's an angel, a magnet he can't take his eyes off of her, and he never wants to look at another girl for the rest of his life but her. He will make the effort. That's how it is in the movies I adore and obsess over. Happiness is a choice and I'm choosing it.

1 comment:

  1. This is how it works You're young until you're not
    You love until you don't You try until you can't You laugh until you cry You cry until you laugh And everyone must breathe Until their dying breath

    ReplyDelete