Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hannah Montana


So I am not sure why I am on this "one year ago today" kick but I am! 
This is going to be another one of those posts.
A little bit of silliness from 2007 (not a year ago more like about five when I was a senior in high school)...
"In speech today, Mr. N was gone. We had a sub. Our assignment was to get with our debate partner and make a poster and color it and make a name for our debate team and make up a slogan. McHale (the sister) and I are partners. We made the best poster out of all of his classes! His daughter Makenna, who is ten, is choosing the winner. So ours will win! We are "The Hannah Montanas" and our slogan is "We got the best of both worlds". We put glitter and hearts and stars all over it! It's awesome. Poor Ali (our friend and classmate)! Josh wouldn't let her put glitter on theirs but we did anyways! They are "The Master Debaters". We got to hang out pictures on the board when we were done."
Alright so that story isn't all that interesting or inspirational, but I didn't write in any of my journals on this day in the past so that's all I have.
I am sick with this virus this week and it's contagious so I've had to miss school/work on doctor's orders. :(
I am going stir crazy. There is nothing (well almost nothing) that I despise more than being cooped up in your house sick. Not fun. I can't stand not being busy and feeling useless. 
I have already cleaned up my already clean room and have been doing lots of reading and writing.
Oh and I am on this Private Practice marathon watching seasons 1-4 that I own on DVD. 
I love love love that show and Kate Walsh.
I finished re-reading Anne Frank: The Diary of A Young Girl. I hadn't read it since elementary school so I didn't really comprehend the whole thing and appreciate it.
I so admire her and her bravery and optimism. 
This quote by her stood out to me:
"For in it's inner most depths youth is lonelier than old age. That's the difficulty in these times: ideals, dreams, and cherished hopes rise within us, only to meet the horrible truth and be shattered. It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."
I would go crazy being cooped up in hiding for 2+ years. She was such a strong girl. Words can't describe how amazing she was. Just being stuck in my house for the past few days is driving me crazy and I have the Internet and TV and plenty to keep me occupied. 
I can't wait for Thanksgiving. I love being around family and celebrating what I am thankful for.
What I am most thankful for is my dear family and friends. I am so blessed to have them. They make my life and complete it. I love them more than all the words in every language could begin to explain. My heart is bursting with love for them. I'm not just thankful for them one day a year... I am thankful everyday. I think we should express our thankfulness every single day of the year. However I am grateful that we can all come together that one special day as well.  I am thankful for all of you lovelies!
With love,
Charley Brooke

1 comment: