Friday, November 11, 2011

#89 Make a wish on 11/11/11 @ 11:11 (eleven eleven The Wishing Hour)








#89 Make A Wish on 11/11/11 @ 11:11 
11:11 (The wishing time!)
I made the most "epic" wish today on 11:11. Only time will tell if my wish has been granted. I can't tell any of you lovelies or anyone else because then it wouldn't come true!
    I always make wishes on 11:11 when I see it on the clock. I’m still waiting for those wishes to come true, mind you. I’ve always wondered where 11:11 came from? Who decided it was a magical time where wishes should be made? I researched it and found a bunch of LONG spiritual/numerological explanations that I didn’t bother reading. It appears rather inconclusive to me. One of those stories passed on forever. Numerologists believe that events linked to the time 11:11 appear more often than can be explained by chance or coincidence. Urban Dictionary says it’s the time when people make a wish twice a day and reminds you of what’s important. I choose to go by UD’s definition. I haven’t a clue why I wish on 11:11 maybe it just reminds me of childhood or I keep telling myself maybe this time will be my time.
Maybe instead of wishing at 11:11 every day I should wish at another time like 5:55 (aka five is my favorite number) or 11:05 since my wishes never come true, maybe they aren’t getting through because there’s a wish overload at 11:11. Or maybe my wishes are thrown aside waiting, stuck gathering dust at some forgotten warehouse of ungranted wishes. Maybe a new time will make my wishes come true. Maybe you have to try something new if your wishes aren’t coming true. 
My favorite wishing quotes...
"If there is just one piece of advice I can give you, it's this--when there's something you really want, fight for it, don't give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you've lost hope, ask yourself in ten years from now, you're gonna wish you gave it just one more shot because the best things in life, they don't come free." -Meredith Grey

"We all get at least one wish a year over the candles on our birthday. Some of us throw in more--on eyelashes, fountains, lucky stars, 11:11 and every now and then, one of those wishes come true. So what then? Is it as good as we'd hoped? Do we bask in the warm glow of our happiness? Or, do we just notice we've got a long list of other wishes waiting to be wished? We don't wish for the easy stuff because we need help and we're scared and we know we may be asking too much. We still wish, though, because sometimes they come true."-Meredith Grey

3 comments:

  1. perfect song for your blog :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECyBBwegEzE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Thank you so very much. This is song is so fitting! I adore it. Again thanks for sharing it lovely :)
    With Love,
    Charley Brooke

    ReplyDelete