Monday, April 18, 2011

Mean by Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift- Mean 
You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me.
You have knocked me off my feet again got me feeling like I'm nothing.
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard, calling me out when I'm wounded.
You, pickin' on the weaker man

Well, you can take me down with just one single blow.
But you don't know what you don't know.

Someday I'll be living in a big old city.
And all you're ever gonna be is mean.
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me.
And all you're ever gonna be is mean.

Why you gotta be so mean?

You, with your switching sides and your walk-by lies and your humiliation.
You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them.
I'll walk with my head down trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you.
I just wanna feel okay again.

I'll bet you got pushed around, somebody made you cold.
But the cycle ends right now 'cause you can't lead me down that road.
And you don't know what you don't know.

Someday I'll be living in a big old city.
And all you're ever gonna be is mean.
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me.
And all you're ever gonna be is mean.

Why you gotta be so mean?

But all you are is mean.
All you are is mean and a liar and pathetic and alone in life.
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean.

     Okay so that's not all of the lyrics but it describes how I feel at this moment, how I've felt in many moments of life. I always find myself asking that same question-Why do people have to be so mean? Recently he-who-is-not-worth-naming, I mentioned him in another post, proved to me I should always listen to my heart and first impressions. I am not going to talk much about him, he's totally not worth my time or words. I learned a lesson though and hope every girl out there can read this and learn from my mistake. ALWAYS trust your first impression of guys and listen to your heart. If you think he is a player, a liar, egotistical, mean, cocky, thinks-he's-better-than-everyone-else, conceited, and an overall jerk, trust that. Don't get involved. He will try to convince you he's not like that, whisper sweet nothings to you that he tells all the other girls, make you feel special when in reality you're just another girl, ordinary, not important, he'll make promises, but always break them, and end up leaving you and making you feel worthless saying he never cared and you were basically just an object not a human being. Don't believe him. Don't get hurt. And if you do think well maybe I shouldn't judge, and end up liking him, when he forgets about you and tells you that you never mattered, do not listen or believe it. Because he is the one who is worthless. 
     Find a guy who will respect you, love you, is trustworthy, kind, has goals, a good reputation, and who will never ever give up on you, who will do anything for you. That's the kind of guy every girl deserves. He's not your prince if he doesn't treat you like a princess. Don't let a guy bring you down! I feel sorry for guys who are like the above mentioned mean boy. It's pathetic and tragic that they feel so insecure themselves and alone that they have to put on an act and be mean. You know that in the end, that guy will end up all alone and so full of regret because he messed up his entire life and girls won't put up with it anymore. And by that time, it will be too late. How selfish that type of guy is. All he cares about is right now, having fun, trying to kiss every girl he can, and just trying to gratify his ego and find pleasure now that will not last, that is frivolous, when you should be concerned with love that lasts forever and the future. 
     Your instincts are there for a reason, to protect you. Listen to your heart and gut feelings and run if you have doubts or red flags that a guy is a jerk. First impressions are almost always right when it comes to guys, especially if you've heard they have a reputation as a player. Another thing girls tend to do is get with a guy just because they don't want to be alone, even if the guy is a jerk and not the one. Don't sell yourself short. Waiting and being alone is better than suffering with the wrong person. Be happy with yourself. If you aren't happy single, you won't find happiness in a relationship. Do things for you and better yourself and make goals and accomplish them and wait. Be patient. Love will find you, don't look for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment