Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Letter to my younger self

Dear Little Charley,
     I couldn't be more proud of you. You're a princess who has every right to a beautiful life and you can have it if you never give up and work hard for it. Never stop dreaming and keep your hopes high. Don't worry about boys and love right now. Love is the ultimate goal BUT you don't get it by searching for it. Love will find you when the time is right. One day your prince will come and you'll get your fairy tale and it will be better than in the books you read, the movies and TV you watch, and even your wildest dreams because it will be real and yours.
     Until then, B E P A T I E N T!!! I know waiting is one of your least favorite things [top three without question].

Remember the 4 "W's" you and Aubrey made up: 
Waiting + Working + Wishing = Worth it.
I understand that the world would have you believe, and sometimes make you feel, that it isn't worth it.
I promise you it is MORE THAN WORTH IT.
Little princess, you're constantly wanting to grow up and yearning for a happy future so bright it would make the sun, stars, and moon jealous. You believe it will be an instant fix to your problems. You don't see that the only way to change your life is to change it yourself.
Change only comes from within.
You hold in your hands a gift with a timer.
This gift has irreplaceable, incomprehensible value and will influence the rest of your life--for better or worse--depending on how you choose to use it.
The gift is childhood.
Enjoy every moment you can. It's a time to discover who you are and what you want to be.
To play nightgames, have sleepovers, not worry about bills, death, tragedy, stress, and the realization of how brief time is, and make believe with your good friends like:
A U B R E Y 
you're oldest friend, older sister, and literal best friend forever.

G A B R I E L L E & A L E X I A
who were always there for me and brought sunshine into my growing years
 
B R O O K E
my partner in crime. she basically lived at my house in high school.

& countless more...
Don't ruin your relationship with Tyson Bradley (childhood crush haha. lived on the same street. we were in EVERY class together from elementary through middle school)
because you like him as more than a friend. 
Don't ruin the strong bond of friendship.
Although you siblings may annoy you now...
mchale.charley.christian.jordan
... be a good big sister.
McHale, Jordan, and Christian love and look up to you.
One day, they'll be among your best friends.

Be yourself because you're perfect in the way that you are, the way God created you.
You're beautiful.
Don't bring yourself down by comparing yourself to others; raise yourself up--no one can compare to you.
Choose the right & follow your virtue like the stars which provide light that overpowers the darkness and leads you home.
Hold onto the light whenever you're sad or hurting. 
It will strengthen you.
You're a star.
You never have to dim your brightness for anyone nor do you need to apologize for how bright you shine.
Y O U R L I G H T I S G O I N G T O C H A N G E T H E W O R L D.
<W/3 (With Love)
Future you, adult Charley
age 27.


 BFT forever.

sister love; there is NOTHING better than family.

 Friends may come & go but the memories are forever.

Oh Mathew (: 
"She saved the best of her for the heart that understood the worst of her."

 My dad. My dadager. The man who inspires me beyond measure or explanation.

 "Don't walk through your toughest day alone. We're in this together."

To the first love of my life who I will never forget.
"Decide to be happy and positive today. Decide to look for the good. Decide to listen and follow God."
-Al Fox Carraway



F O R E V E R Y O U N G

In the words of my favorite [Taylor Swift]
"Oh darling don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up. It could stay this simple. Don't grow up. No one's ever burned you. Nothing's ever left you scarred. And even though you want to. Just try to never grow up."

    



No comments:

Post a Comment