Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Grey's Season 8--Bring Izzie (Katherine Heigl) Back

TEAM IZZIE Season 8
My excitement for Grey's Anatomy Season 8 is something I cannot express in words. 
I LOVE Grey's Anatomy (if you are a lovely who follows my blog you are aware of this)!
Everyone I know was devastated and upset to see Katherine Heigl's abrupt departure from the show. There's no question that Grey's isn't and can't be the same without Izzie. She brought something to the show that no one else could. There is a void in our hearts (and Alex's) that only Izzie can fill. I don't think she had a proper farewell. Many fans stopped watching Grey's after she left.
I still love and watch Grey's. I understand Katherine quit because she wanted to spend time with her family. I think it's admirable and agree with her that she puts family before work. I wish with all of my heart that Izzie would come back. Season 8 is rumored to be the last season of Grey's. One voice alone may not be able to be heard by Katherine & Grey's, but we Grey's An-addict unite and speak together, we can make our voices heard! We want Izzie back. Season 8 could be phenomenal and extraordinary if Izzie came back, even for just one episode.
Alex Karev deserves love. Izzie is who he is meant to be with. She is and always will be his true love--this goes for fans too. Anything is possible. Walt Disney (Disney is part of ABC) said himself, "If you can dream it, you can do it." Lets turn our dream into reality! I know we can do it if we try and never give up. Go to the Facebook page I made-- 1 Million Likes To Get Izzie (Katherine Heigl) Back On Grey's and like it! Spread the word! One spark starts a fire. It takes one to start a chain reaction. Keep the fire in our hearts that Izzie will come back spreading until it's as bright as the stars we wish for Izzie to come back on and we can be seen and heard!
On August 22, 2010, Shonda Rhimes told Michael Ausiello that finding closure for Alex as one of her top priorities for season 7. Not only did this not happen, but there can never be closure for him given that Izzie is the only one for him. I believe Rachael Taylor is a fantastic actress, but Lucy was a sad choice--too unlikable, unfamiliar, and just not Izzie.
Katherine Heigl had this to say regarding her departure in season 6: "You wish you could have it all exactly the same way. But that's not life... I had to try and find the courage to move on."
When being asked in an interview if she would come back to the show for at least one episode, she answered "I'd love to come back in and out some point. I don't know [if it's possible to go back on the show] I'd like to. I'll give Shonda a call, 'Hey do you need any idea? I got one.'"
I (@TheUSAPrincess) asked Shonda the following question on Twitter, here is her Tweet to me.

 shonda rhimes 
.
 “I’m open to seeing Izzie again, so if [Katherine] were to come back, we would be thrilled to [wrap up her story]." Shonda told EW in 2010.

Justin Chambers wants Katherine to come back and agrees Izzie was the one, irreplaceable. He expressed his feelings on the matter recently, "There's only one woman for Alex, and her name's Izzie. They were the real deal, or as much as a real deal can be on Grey's Anatomy. That was the love of his life. I would love to see Katherine Heigl return to give their storyline closure. Heigl is so fun, she is one of the funniest people I've ever worked with. She really is a special gal. I would love to have her back. Maybe we will someday."

Lovelies, Grey's An-addicts, fans, and everyone, Grey's isn't just a TV show, it's a part of our lives. We have fallen in love with Meredith, Izzie, George, Arizona, Burke, Cristina, Owen, and the rest. Never has a show touched my heart so deeply. The truth remains though that without all of us fans, Grey's wouldn't exist. The fans are what matter most. We may be just ordinary people but together we can be extraordinary and bring our favorite character back! That could end the Grey's series finale with fireworks shining brightly instead of it fading away.
For the past seven years, Grey's has taught us:
 To fight for our dreams no  matter how hopeless it seems because things in life aren't free.
To wish for the big things because they just might come true. 
To push ourselves and be relentless.
To stick to our guns, if you want something bad enough, if you're determined enough, if you're patient enough, eventually it will happen.
To hope.
To believe in love, magic, and miracles.
To ignore the odds against us and fight.
That is exactly what I am proposing. Lets follow the lessons Grey's has taught us. Lets bring Izzie back. Clearly Shonda, Justin, and Katherine are up for it (and I know the rest of the cast would be overjoyed for Izzie's return). Have hope lovelies. We're going make the impossible (to a majority of people) possible. Once again, go to this link One Million For Izzie's Return

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given, then to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing…

3 comments:

  1. I want Izzie back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Be sure to spread the word and go like the Facebook page to bring Izzie back! We can do it. Without the fans, there would be no Grey's Anatomy. We have the power to make this happen and make history by uniting Izzie fans and making our voices heard. If all of us come together, this dream will become reality. No dream is too big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Izzie back too!

    ReplyDelete