Monday, December 12, 2011

Until the Last Falling Star


"Stop the habit of wishful thinking and start the habit of thoughtful wishes."
-Mary Martin

"The only remedy for love is to love more."
-Henry David Thoreau 

"When you are scared but you still do it anyway, that's brave."
-Neil Gaiman

"Everyone has something of beauty about them. But loving lets you look, and look, and look again. You notice the back of a hand, the turn of a head, the way of a walk. When you first love, you look blind and you see it all as the glorious, beloved whole, or a beautiful sum of beautiful parts. But when you see the one you love as pieces, as whys, you can love those parts too, and it's a love at once more complicated and more complete."
-Ally Condie, Crossed

"Love changes what is probable and makes unlikely things possible."
-Ally Condie, Crossed

"There are certain people who come into your life, and leave a mark. Their place in your heart is tender, a bruise of longing, a pulse of unfinished business. Just hearing their names pushes and pulls at you in a hundred ways, and when you try to define those hundred ways, describe them even to yourself, words are useless."
-Sara Zarr

Lovelies, 
I have endless random thoughts running wild in my mind so I am going to share a few with you...
Always remember every day means a whole new 24 hours. Every day means anything and everything is possible again. Take those hours and make them count... you never know how many you will get. I know it can be terrifying to step out of your comfort zone and try new things, take chances, but unless you do so, unless you let things change, they will never get better. Meet new people and you could make friends that will last a lifetime, maybe you'll meet the one for you. We all get chances, but our choice is whether to act on them. If you are always saying no then you will never know the possibilities.
Trust me on that.
Mistletoe... haha... here is my rant on that. Okay so it's cute and romantic. I get it. Who doesn't want to be kissed under the mistletoe. There are songs and songs and songs about it. Truthfully though, I think it's a bit pathetic. Why do guys need an excuse, why do they need a plant to tell them to kiss the girl? Man up and be brave. As I said above, take chances. 
Just saying...
With the New Year on it's way, evaluate the current one. Think about what you want out of next year. 2011 wasn't the best year for me, but it was still good. I will make 2012 even better. I've learned more than I could ever explain in 2,011 blog posts. I've grown. That's the important thing. That part of life isn't always fun, but always worth it. It's making me into the girl I am supposed to be, the better me. You just have to be patient. Take more chances next year, set goals, and make life happen for you. Think more about others to and brighten their lives.
Be bold. Be brave. Be heroic. Be fearless. Be inspiring
Never forget how amazing you are. 
Your potential is limitless if you let it be.
Tomorrow=Tuesday=Gratituesday
Think of what you are thankful for, of who you are thankful for... let them know. Let Heavenly Father know how grateful you are for all of your countless blessings. 
I am thankful for you.
I am thankful for forgiveness.
I am thankful for love.
I am thankful for opportunity.
I am thankful for music.
I am thankful for the spirit of the Christmas season.
I am thankful for my life.
I am thankful for being able to see.
I am thankful for being able to express myself through words.
I am thankful for a zillion more things... everything basically, because even our trials are blessings.
Be THANKFUL.
Have a happy GratiTuesday lovelies :)

(Music I listened to while writing this entry: "Not The Only One" -Jacob Gann, "The Weight of Us" -Sanders Bohlke, and "Driveway" -Great Northern I am thankful for these talented musicians and the fact that the shared their talent with the world. Thank you!)


And I am grateful to my beautiful, wonderful, stunning little sister McHale! Happy 20th birthday to her. I love you sister.
McHale, our friend Hannah, & I last year



No comments:

Post a Comment