Friday, November 5, 2010

Natalie Wood, Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Oprah, Julia Roberts Quotes & More



Natalie Wood
“Not even analysis, by itself, can transform you. You must do the changing yourself.”

“When I get married it will be for keeps.”

"Almost every girl falls in love with the wrong man, I suppose it's part of growing up."



Bruce Lee
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”



Katharine Hepburn
“Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.”

“Never complain. Never explain.”

"I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun."

"Plain women know more about men than beautiful ones do. But beautiful women don't need to know about men. It's the men who have to know about beautiful women."

". . . as one goes through life one learns that if you don't paddle your own canoe, you don't move."

"If you always do what interests you, at least one person is interested."

"We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - you can blame anyone but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change, you're the one who has got to change. It's as simple as that, isn't it?"



Lucille Ball
“Ability is of little account without opportunity.”

"It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy."

“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”

“I’m not funny. What I am is brave.”

“One of the things I’ve learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”

“The more things you do, the more you can do.”


Miley Cyrus

“With yourself, I think you have to decide the kind of person that you really want to be, and for me, it’s just a sweet girl.”

“You can’t always feel perfect.”

"If you believe in yourself anything is possible."

"Life is all about having a good time."

"You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off."




Will Smith
“Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you, and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like."

"Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects."

"You can cry, ain't no shame in it."

"I don't know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived."

"Parents just don't understand."

"Everybody needs a partner to stand right by their side. Not only down for the good times. But also down through the bad times."

"The fellow that can only see a week ahead is always the popular fellow, for he is looking with the crowd. But the one that can see years ahead, he has a telescope but he can't make anybody believe that he has it."

"Today we hold this truth to be self evident: We are all in this together."




Julia Roberts

“If you love someone, say it, right then, out loud, otherwise the moment just passes you by.”

“I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn’t matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together.”

“True love doesn’t come to you it has to be inside you.”

“When I was a child I had a crush on Abraham Lincoln. Why would I choose to reveal this, I know not.”

“You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.”



Oprah
“What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.”

“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”

“Doing your best at this moment put you in the best place for the next moment.”

“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”

"I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's about being able to touch somebody's life."

"As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around."

"Devote today to something so daring even you can't believe you're doing it."

"Where there is no struggle, there is no strength."

"I do not believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process."

"You CAN have it all. You just can't have it all at once."

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."

"I'm easy to look at, but so hard to see. . ."

"I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear."

"Turn your wounds into wisdom."

"Don't back down just to keep the peace. Standing up for your beliefs builds self-confidence and self-esteem."

"When I look into the future, it's so bright it burns my eyes."

"We can't become what we need by remaining who we are."

"Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it."

"The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it has the power. Facing the truth will set you free."

"Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possibility."

"If you want to accomplish the goals of your life, you have to begin with the spirit."

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."

"The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be."

"Don't settle for a relationship that won't let you be yourself."

"You cannot hate other people without hating yourself."

"Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance."

"Every one of us gets through the tough times because somebody is there, standing in the gap to close it for us."


Audrey Hepburn
“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”

"Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge, or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you."

"I never thought I'd land in pictures with a face like mine."

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."

"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the best in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others."

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, 'I'm possible'!"

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life--to be happy--it's all that matters."

"I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it."

"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all."

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him."

"Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People are they come. . . The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future."

"True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows."

"If I get married, I want to be very married."

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides."



No comments:

Post a Comment